Swite lets you manage multiple sites from one account.
The navigation in Swite is organized into three levels:
- Your Account, where you can navigate between different sites or manage account preferences.
- Your Site, where you can see your site preview and manage the content, social networks or settings related to a particular site
- The Site Editor, where you can personalize a site.
- When you login to Swite, you will land on your Dashboard, where you can see all of your sites at a glance and manage your account information.
- You can come back here at any time by by clicking on the word Dashboard on the top right of the navigation bar on top of the screen.
- Also on the navigation bar is the name of the last site that you visited. If you have multiple sites, this will become a dropdown list to let you quickly navigate between sites.
- The small “person” icon on the right hand side of the navigation bar is the Account area where you can manage your account settings, domains and other account information.
- Any notifications will appear on the on the far right of the navigation bar.
This Account level of the navigation bar will remain available even when you leave the dashboard and start managing your site.
- Once you select a site, a second level will appear on the navigation bar with different pages where you can manage the content, social networks and settings related to that particular site:
- Site Preview shows how your site will appear to the public.
- Content Manager is where you can display or hide the posts, photos, videos, reviews and events that have already been imported from social networks.
- Social Networks lets you connect and disconnect your different social media accounts and set the rules for automatic updates in the future.
- Share gives you a few ways to spread the word about your site in just a few clicks.
- Statistics provides some metrics to give an overview of your content, the actions you have performed, and the views you’ve received.
- Site Settings is where you can manage how your site appears in web browsers and on search engines.
To further personalize your site, click on the Site Editor button on the right hand side of the navigation bar.
- The Site Editor will open in it’s own “area”.
Features that apply to the entire site are on their own navigation bar on top of the screen. The features that affect the entire site include,
- changing Themes,
- changing the Style,
- reordering the Sections, adding additional sections or editing the section names
The rest of the personalization is done “in line”. Features relevant to a specific section or text area (such as which from which social network we get the content from) become available when you click on that section or text area.
To make your site “always beautiful”, Swite does have some limitations to personalization. The content that comes from social networks comes in many forms (Some videos or pictures are vertical, others are horizontal, some posts are long, others short). On the other side, your site needs to be beautiful on all screen shapes and sizes, from a desktop computer to laptop, tablet and cellphone. Unfortunately, creating a dynamic website does require some rigidity.
While you can hide or visualize anything on your site and modify a lot of the text, we are NOT a “drag and drop” site-builder.
We make sites that are dynamic and are constantly changing based on new content that comes from social networks.
Features relevant to a specific section or text area (such as which from which social network we get the content from) become available when you click on that section or text area.
Continue reading these guides for more information on all of these features.